If you read this blog during the month of June, you are now a more interesting person for the 21 reasons noted below (and if you've read since the start of this blog in late April, you're more interesting for a total of 47 reasons!):
1. You've toured the U.S.S. Intrepid aircraft carrier.
2. You've studied the animal known as the sloth.
3. You've learned a great recipe for Cider/Apple/Onion Brats on the grill.
4. You've learned what was beeped out in Johnny Cash's song, "A Boy Named Sue".
5. You've had a look back at the 1970's TV show, "Apple's Way".
6. You've uncovered the origins and meaning of the term, "Three Sheets To the Wind".
7. You know how traditional and modern grist mills operate.
8. You know where to get popcorn that tastes just like the kind at the movie theater at home.
9. You've relived the Summer of 1978 with Donna Summer's song, "Last Dance".
10. You witnessed the closing moments of the 1980's TV game show "Sale of the Century".
11. You've met three young actresses named Summer.
12. You know how popular the woman's name Summer is in the U.S. and other countries.
13. You've gone back in time to the Summer Olympics of 1992 with swimmer Summer Sanders.
14. You know the names of the 3 actors who played Charlie Chan in the classic Hollywood movies.
15. You've heard a quick explanation of the differences between the internet and the world wide web.
16. You know why lumber measurements don't jibe with their actual finished size.
17. You've learned the history of the DeSoto automobile.
18. You know all about the children's game "Operation".
19. You've listened to early and recent performances of the song, "The Ride" by David Allan Coe.
20. You got a preview of the upcoming CBS television remake of Hawaii Five-O.
21. You've studied the works of Native American Indian photographer Edward S. Curtis.
Check the Archives to refresh your memory on any of these topics.