Here ae 5 quick facts about one of the New York City's greatest showplaces, Radio City Music Hall.
1. The theater opened as part of the Rockefeller Center complex on December 27, 1932.
2. From 1933 to 1979, theater started showed four feature motion picture films each day, and combined them with a live stage show.
3. The theater was nearly converted to office space in 1979, but reopened as a live stage venue after a renovation in 1980.
4. The theater has 5,931 seats, and can be temporarily expanded to just over 6,000.
5. The theater's stage is 66.5 feet deep and 144 feet wide.
1. Have you ever been to Radio City Music Hall?
2. What is the most visually amazing or historically interesting theater you've been too?